Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Independent Transportation Network (ITN) is dignified. Older adults 60+ and adults with visual impairment who join ITNTwinCities become dues-paying members of a non-profit organization committed to their independence and mobility. When they pick up the telephone to schedule a ride, they are not asking a favor. The transition from the driver's seat to the passenger seat is never easy - for the drivers or for their families - but it is infinitely easier when there is a viable transportation alternative that keeps the individual in control.
- Membership based - people 60 years and older and visually impaired adults are eligible to join
- Community based - supported by private, rather than public resources
- Affordable fares based on mileage
- Available 24/7 for any purpose
- Volunteer drivers provide arm-through-arm, door-through-door service and help with packages
- No money is exchanged in the vehicle, and tips are not accepted
- Riders pre-fund a Personal Transportation Account, and a monthly statement details all payments and charges
- Uses private automobiles, rather than vans or buses
- Rides may be booked at any time, with discounts for advance notice
- Riders may travel alone or with others, with discounts for shared rides
- Susie Johnson
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!