Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Colorado African Organization (CAO) is a locally-run nonprofit, founded by Africans for Africans, with the mission to advance the cause of integration by fostering education, self-sufficiency, and empowerment all Africans in Colorado. Some of our goals include:
- Provide programs that contribute to increased education, self-sufficiency, and empowerment among all refugees and immigrants
- To foster unity among the diverse African communities in Colorado
- To promote economic, cultural, and intellectual cooperation and growth within newcomer communities in Colorado
- To support the cultural heritage of Africans and advance their socioeconomic development
- To provide underserved African, and other communities, in Colorado with material, social, and psychosocial support and linkages to mainstream providers and resources in a culturally-fluent manner
- To promote cooperation between CAO, African communities, mainstream organizations and receiving communities in Colorado
CAO is an all-African 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that exists to support African refugees and immigrants in their resettlement efforts through health, education, social and advocacy programs, primarily in the Denver area.
It was formed in 2003 by a group of more than 40 African community and business leaders who realized that although Africans form a significant part of the Denver ethnic community, they were poorly served and inadequately represented in the local community. Based on that insight, they decided it was necessary to form an umbrella organization to represent and advocate on behalf of all Africans in Colorado. This has expanded to include other communities as well.