Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Women's Environmental Institute at Amador Hill, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is an environmental research, renewal and retreat center designed to create and share knowledge about environmental issues and policies relevant to women, children and identified communities especially affected by environmental injustices; to promote organic and sustainable agriculture skill building and ecological awareness; and to promote activism that influences public policy and supports social change.
WEI has six program centers dedicated:
• to create knowledge, scholarship and educational materials for individuals or groups working on environmental issues related to women, children, and disproportionately impacted communities
• to become an information hub that organizes current research and writing on environmental issues related to women, children, and identified communities
• to demonstrate leadership in civic involvement, global responsibility and stewardship around environmental issues at both the local and global level
• to provide both on-site and off-site educational outreach in seminars (and eventually distant learning courses) and experiential learning workshops on practical activities related to sustainable agriculture and environmental issues
• to develop strong affiliations with local environmental and ecologically-focused groups and secondary and post-secondary institutions to create collaborative programming and projects
• to create an institute that will provide a model for environmentally-friendly construction, land stewardship and conservation practices, renewable energy, resource development, and organic food production and processing.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!