Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the West Lafayette Community School Corporation is to engage all students in valuable academic, artistic, physical, and social experiences so that they will be able to enjoy a fulfilling personal life and to participate as productive members in a diverse society in which global competition is a reality and democracy is a way of life.
We, the educators and Board of School Trustees of the West Lafayette Community School Corporation, in order to make it possible for our students to develop into citizens capable of participating in, contributing to, and benefiting from the cultural, economic, political, and social life of the community and the larger society, do establish this statement of vision and beliefs for our corporation.
Guiding Principles For Our Vision of Education
- A democratic society benefits from a well-educated citizenry.
- A well-educated citizenry appreciates the strength of a diverse society.
- A well-educated citizenry regards learning as an active, life-long endeavor.
- The home, community, and schools collaborate to provide the programs, services, support, and environment necessary for students to be successful.
- The Board of School Trustees, community, parents, school employees, and students (WLCSC stakeholders) share accountability for student success.
- Schools and the school district focus all decisions on students and their educational needs.
- Shared leadership and participatory management at all levels ensure that decisions are made as close as possible to the point of implementation.
- WLCSC fosters open communication among its stakeholders.
- WLCSC encourages, values, and supports educational risk-taking and innovation.
- WLCSC judges policies, programs, and procedures by the standards of excellence, fairness, and impact on student achievement.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!