Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
VCSP is a statewide AmeriCorps project of the Vermont Housing & Conservation Board (VHCB). VCSP places 28 AmeriCorps members in sponsoring non-profit affordable housing and land conservation organizations around the state. Our dual goals are to create more stable affordable housing opportunities for Vermont residents while preserving the natural and working landscape by fostering a greater appreciation of and responsibility for the environment.
What do VCSP members do?
- provide activities for youth residing in subsidized housing developments, create programming for children and families
- assist homeless individuals and families, helping to find suitable housing, build lifeskills, develop resumes and obtain services
- support Vermont's HomeOwnership Centers by aiding first-time homebuyers though the process of obtaining affordable home
- contribute to the construction o f playgrounds, wheelchair ramps, houses and rehabilitation projects
- educate tentants on issues of rights and responsibilities, helping to convene groups of residents and citizens with a common goal to foster associative relationships
- provide environmental education and service opportunities for school-age youth
- take stewardship actions to conserve Vermont's working and native landscape
- recruit volunteers and raise awareness about conservation issues
- participate in wild land asessments, extract invasive plants and implement land management plans
- maintain trails and educate hiking on the leave no trace philosophy
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!