Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
IndependenceFIrst/Milwaukee Heat wheelchair basketball teams are excited to champion the Junior Division tournament on December 13-14th, 2014 at Brookfield Central High School. We expect roughly 18 teams from across the country to attend this exciting event. Our local kids deserve a chance to showcase their skill, their athleticism, and their talents - just like every able bodied athlete - in front of friends, peers, family that cannot travel, and their own communities!
Specifically our goals for the event are:
- To present a professional and well-organized sanctioned tournament event worthy of the top wheelchair basketball athletes
- To raise awareness of the exciting Paralympic sport of wheelchair basketball
- To enhance the development of high performing athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers and administrators
- To showcase a dynamic and exhilarating sport which promotes a healthy confident capable image of ABILITY
- To develop successful partnerships with community groups and organizations which contribute to the overall success of the event
- To operate the tournament in a self-sufficient and financially responsible manner
The People & Athletes
It is expected that over 180 athletes will compete over the 2-day tournament. Each team is comprised of up to 12 players, plus coaches and supportive fans. This event expects to be supported by nearly 100 event officials and volunteers. A Volunteer Event Organizing committee has been created to support the hosting of this event. This committee has a wide cross section of individuals who will bring valuable experience to the event and will undoubtedly contribute to the success of the tournament.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!