Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
IndependenceFIrst/Milwaukee Heat wheelchair basketball teams are excited to champion the Junior Division tournament on December 13-14th, 2014 at Brookfield Central High School. We expect roughly 18 teams from across the country to attend this exciting event. Our local kids deserve a chance to showcase their skill, their athleticism, and their talents - just like every able bodied athlete - in front of friends, peers, family that cannot travel, and their own communities!
Specifically our goals for the event are:
- To present a professional and well-organized sanctioned tournament event worthy of the top wheelchair basketball athletes
- To raise awareness of the exciting Paralympic sport of wheelchair basketball
- To enhance the development of high performing athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers and administrators
- To showcase a dynamic and exhilarating sport which promotes a healthy confident capable image of ABILITY
- To develop successful partnerships with community groups and organizations which contribute to the overall success of the event
- To operate the tournament in a self-sufficient and financially responsible manner
The People & Athletes
It is expected that over 180 athletes will compete over the 2-day tournament. Each team is comprised of up to 12 players, plus coaches and supportive fans. This event expects to be supported by nearly 100 event officials and volunteers. A Volunteer Event Organizing committee has been created to support the hosting of this event. This committee has a wide cross section of individuals who will bring valuable experience to the event and will undoubtedly contribute to the success of the tournament.
- Melissa Oberst
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!