Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Dale Kietzman Academy seeks to be a global center for Christian thought, an influential evangelical voice that addresses crucial cultural issues, and to spark an intellectual and spiritual renewal that advances the Kingdom of Christ.
The mission of Dale Kietzman Academy is biblically centered education, scholarship, and service--equipping men and women in mind and character to impact the world for the benefit of all humanity.
Education at Dale Kietzman Academy is founded upon four basic principles:
· It is student-related. A student’s ultimate goal should be to find his or her place in God’s plan. Instruction is consistent with areas of knowledge needed to realize their God-given potential. Students are free to hold and express individual convictions and to think for themselves and to make intelligent decisions based on principles in God’s Word. ·
It is faculty-guided. Students may receive guidance through classroom instruction, independent and self-directed study, counseling and informal activities, each of which requires the best in academic and spiritual preparation. Faculty members provide a model of Christian living and are expected to meet the life standards that flow from the teaching of Scripture.
· It is educationally balanced. DKA strives to maintain a balance between theoretical subject matter and application. Students are expected to acquire knowledge and master skills. They learn to make value judgments, develop a sense of responsibility, and to mature in every area of their personalities.
· It is practical. Opportunities to apply facts and concepts learned in the classroom are provided through a variety of field education experiences. Truths are taught through methods and resources that affect student attitudes and behavior and emphasize usefulness in the society as a whole. Educational Values
In keeping with our mission statement and educational philosophy, the following values provide a framework for the student’s educational experience and for assessing student progress.
· Christian Character. This value emphasizes the need for students to cultivate a maturing Christian lifestyle and worldview. Such growth, maturity, and character formation for students encompass all aspects of life, including the intellectual, social, and physical habits of fitness and wellbeing. · Christian Worldview.
This value stresses the educational importance of the thoughtful integration of biblical truth by students into the totality of life experience and learning. Thus, biblical truth is not only a part but also a condition of general knowledge. Students are encouraged to develop a coherent view of contemporary issues from a biblical perspective. · Effective Vocational Skills. Students must meet the requirements for effective service in their vocational pursuit, through study in organized fields of learning and practical experience.
This value presupposes a vocational application of the students’ study to areas of community development, training of others, and management of ongoing enterprises. Likewise, this value anticipates a commitment to vocational currency, continuing education, and lifelong learning.
· Analytical and Creative Thinking. Students need to develop skills in critical and analytical thinking and to value the unity of truth. This value also presupposes the development of problem-solving techniques and research methodology, as well as ways of expressing ideas clearly, logically, thoughtfully, and persuasively through aesthetic, oral and written forms. · Personal and Group Relationships.
Students should grow in the area of understanding others and to become responsible, compassionate, and productive participants in society. This value pre-supposes service to society, family, and the church through personal example, leadership, and organizational skills. · Social and Cultural Sensitivity .
Students are encouraged to foster an understanding of both national and international cultures and to develop an appreciation for the richness and interdependence of multicultural communities. This anticipates a respect by students for the dignity of each person as a unique image-bearer of God.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!