Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Columbus County Volunteer Center is to promote volunteerism and coordinate volunteer programs and activities to improve the lives of the people in Columbus County.
The specific purposes and objectives shall be to promote volunteerism by recruiting, training and recognizing volunteers and their activities in Columbus County, North Carolina.
Other objectives include:
1. To provide a nonpartisan central organization for volunteer opportunities;
2. 2. To support services of volunteer programming groups utilizing or planning to utilize volunteers;
3. To encourage volunteer service in all segments of the community (youth, families, senior adults, employees, retirees)
4. To conduct, coordinate or assist in orientation and training programs for the development of skills of volunteers and volunteer leaders;
5. To recruit volunteers through media, educational programs and other promotional activities
6. To develop a database of available resources of volunteers;
7. To generate new volunteer opportunities;
8. To study and plan volunteer approaches to important local problems;
9. To consult with volunteer agencies in the development of standards and evaluation of programs and services;
10.To solicit, receive and maintain funds for the programs of the Corporation; and,
11.To seek funding resources and cooperate with governmental and charitable agencies in meeting the needs of volunteers in the communities.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!