Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
River House Adult Day Center's mission is to support and enrich the quality of life for seniors living with age-related needs and impairments in a safe and nurturing environment. River House Provides:
- Customized day-time programs and services that stimulate intellectual, physical and emotional well-being
- Professional monitoring of health and personal care needs
- Counsel and peace of mind for caregivers and families
River House's clients have a place that they are proud and eager to go. River House promotes independence and choice in a safe, caring environment.
- Allows River House to serve 50% more clients bringing the capacity to 75 a day, meeting the growing needs of the aging population as identified by the United Way and Commission on Aging.
- Is highly visible and easily accessible to the community, keeping River House's seniors in the mainstream of local activity.
- Features captivating views of the ever-changing setting of the Mianus River.
- Allows for enhanced activities and continued growth of River House's programs.
The Renovation of the historic Pump House began in March 2006 but the project began much earlier than that. In January of 2003 the River House's Board of Directors made the decision to move from Nathaniel Witherell into our own freestanding facility. The project has been overseen by five Boards of Directors and three Presidents.
After looking at many buildings throughout town it was decided that the 1927 Pump House on the Mianus River would be the perfect place for our new facility. Realizing the need for River House's services, the Town of Greenwich is leasing the building to GADC for $1 a year. The successful completion of River House is the result of of a "Public/Private Partnership". Grants from the State of Connecticut Bond Commission, Greenwich Community Development and the Town of Greenwich in addition to the generous support of so many individuals and foundations in the community made River House a reality.
River House, designed by R.S. Granoff Architects with the guidance of GADC’s Board of Directors, the Building Committee, the staff and many volunteers was built for the River House clients and the growing senior population.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!