Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Provide a leadership role in building awareness, appreciation and stewardship about the important role parks play in maintaining a high quality of life within the Truckee Meadows.
Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation is a nonprofit incorporated in 2012 and received its 501 (c) (3) determination in 2013. The Parks Foundation strives to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of the greater Reno-Sparks metropolitan area by ensuring the long-term sustainability and improvement of our parks.
We accomplish our goal(s) by offering park-based educational and recreational programs designed to increase community-wide awareness, appreciation, and stewardship of our parks. The Parks Foundation also provides strategic financial support for new and existing park infrastructure.
Goals & Objectives:
- Strengthen the bond between citizens and their parks.
- Implement Healthy Parks Healthy People: Truckee Meadows initiative and related programs and special events
- Provide innovative park-based science education programs for families, community groups, and schools.
- Inspire citizens to take a proactive role in the preservation and improvement of our parks by offering fun and engaging volunteer opportunities.
- Collaborate with local non-profits, community groups, and park user groups.
- Act as fiscal sponsor for park-based improvement projects.
- Implement a community awareness campaign (i.e. community meetings, presentations, and events featuring speakers knowledgeable on the issues facing our parks).
- Nathan Daniel
- Need admin access?