Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Chicago Parks Foundation is to preserve Chicago’s public parks,enhance the park visitor experience, and build a community dedicated to conserving the parks for a healthier lifestyle and improved quality of life and for the future
Guiding us in our mission are our core principles:
- Collaborating with individuals, corporations, foundations, and community organizations to support Chicago parks and better understand and prioritize community needs and resources
- Providing relevant and purposeful programming
- Celebrating donors and volunteers
- Measuring success with transparent metrics
Through focused relationship cultivation and management, the Chicago Parks Foundation is the strategic partner for the coordination of fundraising and charitable resources for the Chicago Park District.
The Chicago Parks Foundation is dedicated to protecting these parks, making them relevant and accessible for ALL communities, and instilling a sense of stewardship in this generation and for the future.
The Chicago Parks Foundation’s strategic plan includes:
- Soliciting support from individuals, corporations and foundations to support Chicago parks and park programs
- Connecting with neighborhood-based organizations to better understand community needs
- Developing meaningful, long-term relationships with individuals, corporations, and organizations to ensure the sustainability of park programs and facilities
The Chicago Parks Foundation was founded in 2012 to provide financial and program support for Chicago parks and park programs. Every great city has a philanthropic partner to help support their parks and the Chicago Parks Foundation had made that commitment and will be a diligent and accountable partner for the Chicago Park District.
The Chicago Parks Foundation has elected its own Board of Directors to reflect a public/private partnership with an independent voice, striving to be excellent stewards of charitable gifts and promote consistency, responsibility and the personal touch that our donors value and deserve.
The Chicago Parks Foundation is honored to support the work of the Chicago Park District which is among the largest municipal park managers in the nation; more than 580 parks, 24 beaches, 11 museums, 9 golf courses, and 10 harbors.
The Chicago Parks Foundation is created specifically to help maintain long-term stability and increase park use for all Chicago community members at all socioeconomic levels. The Chicago Parks Foundation supports bringing families together, keeping children safe, promoting healthy active lifestyles and preserving Chicago’s urban green space .
In 2013, CPF raised $465,000 for Windy City Hoops, a free teen basketball program providing structured recreation options for at-risk youth and young adults in priority Chicago neighborhoods. This weekend program serves more than 2,000 teens in 11 parks across the city. We are working to keep teens and young adults safe and active at these peak times when conflicts often occur in absence of healthy social options.
- Maggie Daly
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!