Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the organization is to identify, save, and protect community assets that:
- Strengthen family and community bonds through youth development, senior activities and cultural heritage awareness.
- Promote economic self-sufficiency through land ownership and creation of job opportunities.
- Preserve the cultural heritage and historical contributions of African Americans to the Sandhills, the State, and the Nation.
- Improve quality of life of families through education and workshops that focus on healthy environment and preventive care that reduces health risks.
- Develop grassroots Leadership in Harnett, Moore, Cumberland, Hoke, Lee, and Richmond Counties to help preserve our natural and cultural heritage for the benefit of future generations.
Sandhills Family Heritage Association is a community-based nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides programs and services to build economic self sufficiency and preserve the natural and cultural heritage of African American families in the Sandhills Region of North Carolina. We were established in 2001 with the help of The Conservation Fund and we are the first African American organization in the country to undertake land conservation and community development. The Sandhills area encompasses Cumberland, Harnett, Richmond, Hoke, Moore, and Lee Counties.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!