Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The purpose of the Leadership and Mentoring Institute (LMI) is to support African-Americans who want to acquire information and skills to prepare them for senior administrative and faculty ranks. The Institute has distinct, parallel tracks to accommodate the needs of professionals interested in administration and teaching/research.
The Objectives of the Leadership and Mentoring Institute are:
- To prepare African-Americans for senior leadership positions as faculty or administrators in higher education by providing a forum to acquire skills, knowledge, and networks to facilitate their aspirations
- To link participants with mentors who can facilitate their professional development and enhance their leadership abilities
- To highlight current issues and challenges in higher education that can facilitate or stall professional growth
- To present the steps involved in career mapping and goal setting
- To discuss the complexities inherent institutional change and the unique challenges facing administrators/faculty of color
- Barbara Johnson
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!