Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Forney area has a vibrant and inclusive environment, conducive to learning, appreciating, and experiencing the cultural arts. Our primary goal is to promote local artists by giving them a venue to connect with the public through excellence in both education and performance. We encourage community outreach and diversity. Our organization has committed to accomplishing the following goals:
1. Advocate awareness through activities, events, and promotion of the arts;
2. Represent the diversity of our community through public art and performance;
3. Teach fundamentals of cultural art disciplines and provide facilities for creative expression;
4. Sustain the growth and development of The Forney Arts Council through ongoing financial support.
1. Our primary activity will be to work with other community organizations, including The Forney Independent School District, The Economic Development Center, The Chamber of Commerce , The City Council, Parks and Recreation, The Forney Historical Society, and others to promote presentations and performances of local groups, organizations, musicians, actors, dancers, and artists by providing financial support, rehearsal space, venues, equipment, publicity, and other materials and services.
2. Promote, plan, and develop a Community Arts Center for the performing and the visual arts.
3. Bring professional musicians, actors, dancers, and artists to our city to perform and hold educational workshops for the children and adults of our community.
4. Provide scholarships to deserving students that choose to attend college and major in the arts.
5. Commission public art works to enhance our city.
6. Promote the city of Forney as a great place to shop, live, and raise a family.
7. Secure financial, volunteer, and in kind support for these activities from The City of Forney, Kaufman County, The Forney Independent School District, The Economic Development Center, The Chamber of Commerce, The City Council, Parks and Recreation, The Forney Historical Society, The Texas Commission on the Arts, The National Endowment for the Arts, businesses, corporations, foundations, individuals, and others. We will also raise funds from fundraisers, membership fees, grants, and ticket sales.
- Forney Arts Council
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!