Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Senior Companions (touch the lives of adults who need extra assistance to live independently in their own homes or communities. They serve frail older adults, adults with disabilities, those with terminal illnesses, and offer respite for caregivers. They assist their adult clients in basic but essential ways:
- Offering companionship and friendship to isolated and frail adults;
- Assisting with simple chores;
- Providing transportation; and
- Adding richness to their clients' lives.
Senior Companions are individuals age 55 or over who want to help adults with special need remain independent and living in their own home.
To participate in the Senior Companions program, volunteers must be 55 or over and be able to serve between 15 and 40 hours a week.
Benefits: Senior Companions make connections with other adults and know they are making significant contributions to their lives. In addition, they receive the following:
- Pre-service and monthly training sessions
- Reimbursement for transportation;
- Some meals during service;
- An annual physical;
- Accident and liability insurance while on duty; and
- Income-eligible Senior Companions also receive a modest, tax-free stipend to offset the cost of volunteering.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!