Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Minnesota FoodShare's mission is to fight hunger through local community action. Our primary goal is to feed Minnesota’s hungry by mobilizing congregations, schools, corporations, foundations, civic groups, and individuals to re-stock the state’s 300 local food shelves. We also raise awareness about hunger issues. We work with a wide variety of organizations as an advocate for long-term solutions to hunger in our communities, and work to improve the nutritional quality of food available through food shelves.
Minnesota FoodShare is driven by five goals:
1. Restock Food Shelves: Coordinate the March Campaign with the aim to raise half the food needed by the more than 8,500 food shelf visitors anticipated every day in Minnesota.
2. Increase Access to Fresh Produce: Work with a growing number of local gardeners through the GardenShare project to elevate the availability of locally grown produce at food shelves and conduct a Harvest Campaign to promote donations of produce to food shelves.
3. Promote Food Programs: Increase access to healthy foods for Minnesota’s low-income children and families through raising awareness of, and participation in, readily available government feeding programs.
4. Mobilize People for Action: Promote the importance of good nutrition through access to nutrition education, educate people about hunger issues, and mobilize them to become agents of change in their communities.
5. Advocate for Long-Term Solutions: Communicate current information on food insecurity with potential partners and form strategic alliances to advocate for long-term solutions to hunger in our communities.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!