During these uncertain times, how can we help?

As the world leader in volunteerism we feel a responsibility to unite our broader community, and to use this moment to become stronger.

See below to participate in our Impact Sector survey, access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and explore our growing directory of COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Read More
  • ORGANIZATION PROFILE
  • SpayToday Healthy Pet Center SpayToday Healthy Pet Center

Causes

  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
(39.73866,-105.08757)
 

Volunteer with us!
We have

VIEW AS
Subscribe Get an RSS feed of these Opportunities
Please wait . . .

Mission Statement

SpayToday Healthy Pet Center is committed to honoring the human-animal bond through access to high-quality, affordable basic veterinary care for all pet owners.

Description

SpayToday Healthy Pet Center started as SpayToday, NeuterNow! in 2009 in Lakewood. Since then our organization has grown substantially and we have spayed and neutered over 70,000 cats, dogs and rabbits. Around 60% of our patients are owned and the other 40% are rescue and shelter pets looking for their forever families. We typically perform 25-45 spay and neuter surgeries each day.

Our main goal is to make sure basic veterinary care like spay, neuter, vaccinations and microchips is accessible and affordable to all pet owners. This goal supports our mission of honoring the human-animal bond by ensuring pet owners do not need to choose between healthcare for their pets and their own basic needs. Preventative veterinary care keeps pets healthy and with their families who love them. Spaying and neutering is also the best solution to pet overpopulation and reducing the number of homeless animals.

One of our most impactful programs is the Healthy Paws voucher program, which helps pet owners experiencing financial hardship access free veterinary care for their pets. Vouchers are distributed through human service and animal welfare community partners to identified owners in need and redeemed at our clinic. We perform over 500 free spay and neuter surgeries each year.

In 2019 SpayToday was recognized as the West Metro Chamber Nonprofit of the Year for our work in the community. Our medical director is a member of the Colorado State Board of Veterinary Medicine.

Reviews

BE THE FIRST TO RECOMMEND THIS ORGANIZATION!
Would you recommend SpayToday Healthy Pet Center?