Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Igniting a brighter future for urban youth
by engaging them today and equipping them for tomorrow
We feel called to bring hope to the lives of at-risk children by providing resources that will help them break the cycle of generational poverty. Our programs are designed to ignite spiritually, engage relationally, and equip academically.
Fortress YDC’s earliest programs began in 1996 as a ministry providing the impoverished families in Near Southeast Fort Worth with basic needs such as food and clothing. The need for after-school programming was soon identified, as well as a need for mentoring and spiritual development. In 2005, Fortress Youth Develop-ment Center incorporated as an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization to address the academic, social, and spiritual needs of the children in our neighborhood. We serve 105 unduplicated children and their families each year, with the goal of providing the tools and hope they need to break the cycle of generational poverty.
Fortress operates five programs, all free-of-charge:
- Building Blocks Early Learning Center provides early literacy training and school readiness for 22 children ages 18 months - 4 years old.
- Fortress Literacy Center provides after-school pro-gramming for students in grades PreK-8th, including math and reading labs, tutoring, & nutritious dinners.
- Ignite matches students with adult mentors who commit one hour each week to developing meaningful relationships which foster trust, hope and success.
- Summer JAM is a daily Bible-focused program which keeps children engaged in a fun, safe environment while encouraging academic and spiritual growth.
- Equip provides regular parent-involvement activities and classes designed to encourage, engage and em-power parents of the children enrolled in our programs.
- Dani Kocur
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!