Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Episcopal Community Services empowers vulnerable individuals and families by providing highquality social and educational services that affirm human dignity and promote social justice
- FAITH‐BASED: We honor our faith tradition as the foundation of our services.
- INTEGRITY: We adhere to the highest standards of fiscal and organizational accountability and transparency.
- QUALITY: We provide high‐quality services to clients.
- RESPONSIVE: We connect to the communities we serve and respond to changing needs.
- CLIENT‐FOCUSED: We partner with clients to identify and shape services.
- OUTCOME‐DRIVEN: We work with clients in ways that produce positive and measurable change in their lives.
- DIVERSITY: We invite and embrace diversity and treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- TEAMWORK: We collaborate and communicate openly with clients, co‐workers, and other stakeholders.
- LEARNING: We promote personal, professional, and organizational learning to strengthen high‐quality services and to develop new strategies to address changing community needs.
- LEADERSHIP: We commit to building leadership capacity across the agency and to establishing ECS as a leader in the community.
Episcopal Community Services has served people in need for over 140 years. The programs have changed with the times, but the legacy of caring and competence forged in the age of orphanages and tuberculosis lives on in our response to today’s challenges.
- Families make up nearly half of Philadelphia’s homeless population. Most are single moms with young children. ECS St. Barnabas Mission provides families with shelter and a path to safe, stable housing.
- Without after-school and summer programs, children and youth are at risk of substance abuse, school failure and worse. ECS Out of School Time beats the odds in Philadelphia’s diverse Feltonville section.
- A third of students in Philadelphia drop out of high school. Only one in five goes to college. The ECS Youth Center offers evidence-based solutions to support youth in school, in the workplace, and in life.
- Some families spend years in and out of homeless shelters. Often, a parent’s disability is a major factor. ECS FAST Housing provides permanent homes and case management to keep chronically homeless families stable and housed.
- When disabilities leave seniors unable to fully care for themselves, many risk losing their independence entirely. ECS Home Care helps seniors live safely at home though case management and help with personal care and chores.