• ORGANIZATION PROFILE
  • Other Other

Causes

  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon

Volunteer with us!

VIEW AS
Subscribe Get an RSS feed of these Opportunities
Please wait . . .

Mission Statement

n/a

Description

Year-long, full-time, faith based volunteer program

The Jesuit Volunteer Corps is a Catholic organization that, for nearly 50 years, has offered faith-based volunteer opportunities rooted in the Ignatian tradition. Volunteers embrace our four core values: Spirituality, Social Justice, Communal Living and Simple Lifestyle. JVC requires a one-year domestic, or two-year international, commitment where volunteers work full-time among the poor, live in intentional community, agree to live on a small personal stipend (commonly $75/month), and reflect upon their experiences within the traditions of Catholic church teachings.
JVC has always welcomed volunteers of any age; however, the vast majority (approx. 95%) of our participants are young adults under age 25 and the remaining 5% ranging in age from late twenties to early seventies. Participants must be open to living in mixed-generation communities, able to work in a full-time (40 hr/week) job placement, and willing to relocate to the JV community where assigned.



Website

http://www.jesuitvolunteers.org

Contact

Report this organization

Reviews

BE THE FIRST TO RECOMMEND THIS ORGANIZATION!
Would you recommend Other?

Engage your employees, consumers, or students! VolunteerMatch provides the tools that make community involvement easy.