School the World
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Immigrants & Refugees
Location376 Boylston StBoston, MA 02116 United States
School the World is a non-profit organization committed to solving extreme poverty through the power of education.
Our strategy is to work at the grass-roots level and organize communities around education from early childhood through adolescence. On our journey to creating a more just world, our Global Citizenship Program amplifies our impact at home and abroad.
One very important part of the equation for long-term impact is our ability to partner with local governments. Every community we invest in, the local government donates the land, raw materials and/or labor to help with the school build. We supplement their resources with our expertise, resources and experience.
Our work is built on the belief that lasting change can only happen by:
- creating a safe place for children to learn and thrive
- securing physical and financial commitment from local government
- deeply empowering parents through bi-monthly educational workshops
- providing on-going training for teachers
- supplying much needed books and learning materials
- constantly measuring for improvement and success
- nurturing global leaders through our Student Service Learning Program