Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We who recognize God's providence and fidelity to His people are dedicated to living out His covenant among ourselves and those children we serve, with absolute respect and unconditional love. That commitment calls us to serve suffering children of the street and to protect and safeguard all children. Just as Christ in His humanity is the visible sign of God's presence among His people, so our efforts together in the covenant community are a visible sign that effects the presence of God, working through the Holy Spirit among ourselves and our children.
Covenant House Washington (CHW) is the Washington, D.C. affiliate of Covenant House International, the nation's largest privately funded nonprofit organization responding to the needs of young people who suffer from homelessness, abuse and neglect. In turn, CHW serves more young people annually - over 1,200 homeless, runaway and at-risk young adults between the ages of 18 and 24 - than any other private youth serving agency in the District. Our services include the following:
- A 44 bed emergency shelter
- Two transitional living programs that house 40 youth and their young children
- Work Readiness Education & Training program including GED classes and full case management services
- Street and Community Outreach program to connect street youth to needed services
- Child Development Center for 16 infants and toddlers of parenting youth
- Prevention Services programs for 5 th - 9 th graders
- Trevor Lieberman
- (202) 610-9600
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!