Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Paradigm Shift Project (PSP) is a Canadian charity with American fiscal sponsorship from Documentary Educational Resources. PSP works to advance education on important social and environmental justice issues through the production of short documentary films, educational materials, and outreach initiatives. By sharing best practices, the wisdom of unheard communities, and sustainable solutions emerging from the global south, PSP inspires meaningful connection, solidarity and engagement, teaching individuals how they can participate as active global citizens to create positive social change.
PSP chooses pressing issues facing our global community and documents sustainable solutions emerging from grassroots changemakers around the world. To date, we have filmed 9 projects with over 80 NGOs in 7 countries, on topics ranging from the rights of children to access to water to food security to sex trafficking. For each project, PSP engages in education outreach, training local non-profit organizations how to use film and photography to support their work, giving public lectures on social responsibility and engagement, and conducting in-class workshops for youth. All of our films are available online free of charge, for the world to see and share. We also create a free Educator’s Toolkit to accompany each film, with activities for use in classrooms from grade one right through university levels. These innovative resources inspire and empower students and educators alike with the tools they need to get involved as active global citizens working to achieve positive social change.
- Raise awareness on the pressing issues of our time
- Document successful sustainable solutions at the community level
- Share how these solutions can be replicated by others
- Teach individuals about their relationship to these issues and how they can make a difference
- Empower individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations, and communities around the world with the knowledge and hope required to adopt best practices
- Foster a new generation of socially-engaged youth invested in our global community
- Equip grassroots organizations with new tools and training for fundraising and education outreach
- Build a new network of changemakers working collaboratively toward positive social change
- Lauren Sweetman
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!