Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Turlock Police Department’s Volunteer in Police Service (VIPS) Program is affiliated with the National Volunteers in Police Service Program, a division of Citizens Corps and a part of Homeland Security. The mission is to provide assistance to the police department and to the citizens of our community in the spirit of volunteerism.
The intent of Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS) is to provide:
- "Extra Eyes and Ears" - High visibility, crime prevention patrols to observe and report while exercising high standards of safety. Operations also include assisting officers, vacation house checks, graffiti patrols, extra patrols, traffic control, Emergency Call Outs, and special events duties.
- "Helping Hands" - Administrative assistance at the police department working on specific tasks of temporary or permanent duration.
The purpose of the Turlock Volunteers in Police Services is to unite volunteers and Turlock Police Department staff for the following reasons:
- To provide an environment for citizens to develop a sense of fulfillment and personal pride as they challenge themselves to "make a difference" in their community.
- Form a mutual partnership whereby volunteers supplement existing departmental services, freeing paid staff to perform other necessary duties.
- Place volunteers in projects which best utilize their existing skills, talents and interests while offering a rewarding challenge, and in some cases, new skills.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!