Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County is to acquire and hold lands containing forests, prairies, wetlands, and associated plant communities on lands capable of being restored to such natural conditions for the purpose of protecting and preserving the flora, fauna, and scenic beauty for the education, pleasure, and recreation of it citizens. The purpose of the Volunteer Services Program is to engage volunteers who are willing to donate their time, talents, and resources to support the programs and staff in carrying out the mission, purpose, and guiding principles of the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County and the volunteer programs.
11 Volunteeer Programs
- Danada Equestrian Center- Wheaton, assist staff with daily horse care
- Special Services - DuPage, assist with office projects & Special events
- Fullersburg Woods - Oak Brook, help children & visitors discover nature
- Golf Preserve - Addison, help establish & maintain turf at Golf Preserve
- Kline Creek Farm - West Chicago, assist in running an 1890's farm & introducing visitors to this era
- Willowbrook Wildlife Center - Glen Ellyn, assist in care & rehabilitation of native injured & orphaned animals
- Natural Resources - DuPage, assist at workdays w/ seed collection, brush cutting, planting. Monitors collect data of populations.
- Trail Patrol - DuPage, patrol trails on foot & bicycle
- Mayslake Peabody Estate - Oak Brook, assist in gardening, tours, office & special events
- Volunteer Ranger - DuPage, assist with fishing, archery, kayaking, trail trimming, cleanup & special events
- St James Farm -Warrenville, assist in the garden, as tour guides & special events
dupageforest.org, 630-933-7233, firstname.lastname@example.org