Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Riverhead Community Awareness Program, Inc. (CAP) was founded in 1979 by a coalition of volunteers to address growing problems caused by alcohol and other drugs within the Riverhead schools and community.
CAP directly serves over 4,000 students and families annually, in addition to the entire Riverhead community. CAPprovides evidence-based programs and services that undergo rigorous statisticaltesting and evaluation each year.
In 2013, CAP was awarded a Drug-Free Communities Grant from the Office ofNational Drug Control Policy to increase coalition membership and community-based prevention initiatives.
Riverhead CAP Programs:
- Life Skills, a monthly Alcohol and Substance Abuse Prevention Education Program for all fifth and sixth grade students in the Riverhead Central School District
- Peer Leadership in grades 8-12
- School-based counseling in grades K-4 and 7-12, plus Teen Intervene and Why Try
- Banana Splits, an ongoing program for elementary students from changing families
- Girls Circle Groups and Peacemakers, a student-led anti-bullying club for elementary school students.
- Guiding Good Choices, Staying Connected With Your Teen and Parents You Matter, prevention programs for parents
- Additional evidenced-based programs including: Too Good for Drugs, Project Alert & Reconnecting Youth and All Stars
Riverhead CAP is the lead agency for The Riverhead Community Coalition for Safe & Drug Free Youth whose mission is to prevent and reduce youth substance use through the employment of environmental strategies.
- Felicia Scocozza, LMSW
- Need admin access?