Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Mission Our mission is to protect and advance the health and well-being of children through clinical care, teaching and research.
100% of what we do is for the kids. For nearly 100 years, UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland has been delivering exceptional medical care to children from all regions of California. Parents choose Children's because we have the best and most experienced specialists and because of the genuine passion with which we treat every child.
You can expect a better outcome when your treatment team includes sub-specialty, fellowship-trained physicians covering over 30 pediatric specialties. We care for tens of thousands of children. This means more experience, which means quality care and better outcomes. Shared care from a comprehensive team of highly trained board-certified pediatric specialists, nurses, technicians and therapists is vital to ensure the right treatment from the start.
Our doctors know that children can't be treated as small adults. All our equipment is kid-sized and we know the protocols that work best for children. They benefit from lower doses of radiation and anesthesia administered by pediatric specialists who stay abreast of the most innovative treatments.
Our trauma center Oakland is an ACS verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center (one of only five in California) and is dedicated exclusively to caring for children. We are one of a few hospitals with the specialized staff and facilities able to treat rare illnesses and health problems in children.
- Children's has a 99% retention rate among nurses and over 75% of the East Bay pediatricians on the "Best Doctors in America" list work at Children's Hospital Oakland.
- Children's has 30+ sub-specialties from neurosurgery to sports medicine to urology.
- Children's emergency room sees more kids each year than do the emergency rooms of UCSF and Lucile Packard combined.
- Children's Hospital Oakland is an ACS verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center (one of only five in California) and is dedicated exclusively to caring for children.
- The Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute is one of the top 10 NIH funded pediatric research centers in the country. Medical research that is changing how we treat and cure childhood diseases is happening right here.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!