Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Guided by the belief that all children can reach their full potential, Pediatric Developmental Services, Inc. is dedicated to assist developmentally challenged children and their families master early childhood.
Pediatric Developmental Services (PDS) offer coordination in evaluations and services to children 0-3 years old diagnosed with autism and/or developmental challenges, Such services are provided in the child's home and/or community and they include Service Coordination, Speech Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Special Education, and Behavioral Management Services.
PDS VS. COMPETITORS?
* Services are provided no cost to the family, regardless of their race, gender, income and immigration status.
* Quality Components: We hire service providers that follow the following philosophies: playing equates to learning, every moment is a teachable moments, tasks are mixed and varied, pairing, research-based teaching methods (including Mand training, Applied Behavior Analysis, and individualized programs).
* Multilingual: Our multilingual Service Coordinators are the parents’ guide and advocate as they assist with all aspects of the program.
* Commitment to Services: It is our commitment to not allow a child to go without services, even for the shortest period of time.
* Depth of Supervision: Supervision is conducted in an involved schedule of team meetings, direct on-site supervision, and indirect supervision.
* Punctual Provider Compensation: EI professionals hired by Pediatric Developmental Services, Inc. are compensated every 2 weeks for services rendered.
WHY DO WE DO THIS?
The primary impetus behind this organization is an emerging consensus that the earlier children receive therapeutic services, the greater the developmental, educational, and social gains. Providing such services increases the child's participation in family and community activities, and it supports the family in identifying learning opportunities that enhance their child's development.