Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Through Community Council for the Homeless at Friendship Place you can join with your Washington D.C. neighbors to assist some of the homeless people you see every day in rebuilding their lives.
Community Council for the Homeless at Friendship Place works to:
- Identify, reach out to, and build a trusting relationship with men and women who live on the streets;
- Assist them in accessing and utilizing public benefits and resources;
- Provide health care and addiction and mental health evaluation and counseling;
- Support the opening and operation of small congregation-based shelter programs;
- Develop and manage transitional and permanent housing in our community and offer supportive services to the men and women living in the housing;
- Remain a resource for homeless and formerly homeless individuals who rely on CCH/FP to maintain their stability in the community;
- Educate civic, religious, commercial and educational entities in our community about the issues confronting their homeless neighbors;
- Advocate for policies and resources to combat homelessness in our community and citywide;
- Enable community volunteers to participate in assisting the people CCH/FP serves;
- Bring together neighborhood groups, congregations, businesses and other local entities with service providers, municipal agencies and concerned citizens in public/private collaboration to plan, deliver and support necessary services.
- Diane Aten
- (202) 364-1419 ext. 19
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!