Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
itSMF-BC Branch Secretary - Volunteer Position
itSMF Canada is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and facilitating the recognition and growth of our members in Service Management. We promote the certification, adoption and application of 'Best Practice’ frameworks and standards, such as ITIL, ISO20000, CoBIT and many others. Operating through our Branches located across Canada, we provide a vital and vibrant network of peers, mentors, and industry experts needed by our growing community of IT Service Management professionals.
itSMF-BC branch is revamping and is looking for a volunteer to assist with internal administration. The incumbent will have the opportunity to work with senior IT professionals, such as CIOs, senior managers and consultants across BC.
The Branch Secretary Volunteer is responsible for producing and keeping track of all records and events, take direction from the assigned director and receive mentorship and advice.
- Work with the Board and vendors to support event planning and delivery;
- Directly in charge of keeping meeting minutes and notes;
- Distribute internal board communications and assist with some external communications;
- Keeps track of all event notifications and evaluations;
- Keeps track of new requests from members and event attendees;
- Provide administrative assistance: internal document management, taking meeting minutes, calendar management, etc
- Promote events via social media, mailing lists, etc.
- Great for new graduates to apply their skills in real life;
- Leadership development skills and mentorship opportunities;
- Develop organizational skills;
- Develop administration skills;
- Develop marketing and communication skills;
- Opportunity to meet new people and network with prospective employers;
- Opportunity to participate in a non-profit global organization.
Secretary volunteers must:
- based in Vancouver/Victoria, BC, Canada
- be enthusiastic, willing and prepared to help establish, sustain and enhance itSMF presence in BC;
- be over 18 years of age;
- have basic MS Office skills;
- have a personal laptop available for use;
- be available for in-person or virtual meetings;
- possess great documentation skills;
- possess great communication skills.
- Sign a non-disclosure agreement with itSMF
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Duration: 6 months
Time commitment: 4 hours every week
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!