Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To make a positive difference in the lives of children and youth, primarily through a professionally supported one-to-one relationship with a caring adult, and to assist them in achieving their highest potential as they grow to become responsible men and women by providing committed volunteers, national leadership and standards of excellence.
In our own lives, each of us was influenced by someone- other than our parents- who broadened our horizons and brought a little magic into our lives. A Big Brother or Big Sister can do the same for a child. And both will be forever changed by the experience.
It doesn't take any special training to be a friend and have a good time. No talent is required to take a kid to his first baseball game, or to spend an afternoon in the park. Anybody can toss a ball, go for a walk, or watch old movies and pop some popcorn. Anyone can be a Big. That's part of the magic of it.
Research has found that after being matched for 18 months, Little Brothers and Little Sisters were:
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs.
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol.
- 53% less likely to skip school, and 37% less likely to skip a class.
- More confident of their performance in schoolwork
- Less likely to hit someone, and getting along better with their families.
- Jami Truelove
- (309) 637-1771
- Need admin access?