Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- A monument to those military veterans past, present and future
- A place for individuals and families to gather to honor and remember our veterans
- A place for public gatherings to remember and honor our veterans
- A place where children, youth and others can learn about veterans
- Establish and operate a philanthropic function:
- For Douglas County veterans and their families
- For philanthropic organizations supporting Douglas County veterans and their families
About the Monument
The Douglas County Veterans Monument is now complete. It includes the following:
- A central 40' x 40' area with the sculpture as depicted in thePhoto Gallery
- Recognition of the six service branches: Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Mariners
- Recognition is with flagpoles and service flags and a POW-MIA pole and flag.
- Six seals are on the base of the sculpture
- A dedication plaque and a KIA plaque are also on the base
- Seating is available for individuals or small groups, school groups and can be addressed by a veteran with prior arangement
- Assembly area for large groups is available for specific events
- The moonument and flags are lighted from dusk 'til dawn
Current Philenthropic initiatives include:
- Special Needs Grants for Douglas County Veterans
- Transportation assistance for Douglas County Veterans
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!