Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Hospice Visions Inc.
Hospice Visions Inc. is a 501(3)(c)nonprofit, community based and supported organization. When cure is no longer possible, the Hospice team provides professional care designed to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of patients and their loved ones who are coping with a life-limiting illness and related losses. Hospice is committed to educating the community on issues of death, dying, quality of life and bereavement. Care is provided without regard to personal beliefs or financial status.
- Hospice care is the model for quality, compassionate care. Each client has a personalized plan of care that meets each patient's individual needs for pain management and symptom control, as well as emotional and spiritual support. The plan is developed by the hospice team members including doctors, nurses, health care aides, social workers, chaplain, therapists, and volunteers.
- The plan outlines the medical and support services required, such as nursing care and personal care, physician visits and counseling, as well as medical equipment, medications and treatments necessary to provide high quality comfort care.
- Through partnerships with long-term care facilities, assisted living centers, and adult care homes, hospice can enhance the care provided to residents by utilizing the hospice professional's expertise.
- Hospice Visions, Inc. affirms life. The goal of the hospice team is to be sensitive and responsive to the special requirements of each individual and family.
- Hospice Visions, Inc. accepts patients of any age including pediatric patients.
Advance Directives are important for everyone, not just hospice patients. Anyone, at any age, can be confronted with a serious accident or illness. It is up to each of us to express our wishes on paper so that our loved ones can make decisions we would want to make for ourselves when we are incapable. Completing an Advance Directive, such as a Living Will, allows you to do this.