Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
OEC is committed to:
- Improving Employment Department response to workforce demands
- Increasing employer awareness about workforce issues that influence the economic health of Oregon
- Building nationwide coalitions in an effort to release adequate monies to fund the Employment Security System
- Educating employers about human resources issues through local seminars and statewide conferences and events.
- Promoting Employment Department services to business and job seekers.
The Oregon Employer Council is 30 year-old nonprofit corporation dedicated to fostering a partnership between Oregon employers and the Oregon Employment Department. Teams of volunteer employer representatives serve as advisors to the Oregon Employment Department enabling Oregon employers and the Employment Department to identify and address local, regional, state and national workforce challenges.
As a member, you have a voice and can make a difference in local employment and training issues. Our members are the link between business, education, government, and the workforce.
Why should you be interested in learning about the Employment Department and the United States Department of Labor? The most important reason is that you pay for employment services with your FUTA taxes.
Oregon Employer Council chapters sponsor low cost educational events for employers. You can register for OEC events by mail, telephone, and E-Mail. An annual state conference welcomes CEOs, human resource professionals and business owners/managers from all over the Northwest.
Join your peers and become a member of the Oregon Employer Council. The only condition of eligibility for membership is to be an Oregon employer. Make sure you are taking full advantage of all the services you have paid for with your FUTA tax.
For more information, please contact the manager of your nearest Employment Office or call 1-800-237-3710 ext 71305, and ask for the Oregon Employer Council coordinator, or send a message to Oregon Employer Council.
- Josh Morell
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!