Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We support early childhood education in developing countries.
At Partners in Sustainable Learning, we envision a world where all young children are prepared for a lifetime of achievement as a result of quality education delivered in well-equipped early childhood centers.
We currently support early childhood development in a very remote region of Nepal south of Mt Everest called Okhaldhunga. It is rural and most residents depend on what they can grow for food. There is no electricity, television and very few vehicles. Many of the adults are poorly educated. However, they are very aware of the importance of quality education for their children and are very supportive of our initiative. PiSL is working closely with a Nepali NGO to provide:
- An early childhood learning program based on sustainable locally available materials
- Teacher training for early childhood educators
- Parent education to broaden caregivers’ understanding of their child’s needs
- Outfitting of classrooms, including child-sized furniture, cabinets, rugs
- Teachers’ salaries
- Early childhood classrooms built from local materials with labor from community members
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!