Connecting for Children & Families
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location46 HOPE STWOONSOCKET, RI 02895 United States
The mission of Connecting for Children & Families is to improve the quality of family and community life in Woonsocket.
CCF is designated by the Rhode Island Department of Education as Woonsocket’s Child Opportunity Zone (COZ), a full-service community school initiative that coordinates health, educational, and social services in high poverty schools.
Our evidence-based programs and wrap-around services address all levels of need from infancy through adulthood, in order to improve socioeconomic outcomes for these families and to promote academic and social success for the next generation. Programs and services include:
- quality childcare forworking parents
- parenting support services which encourage familyengagement and strengthen the family unit
- early childhood interventions toimprove school readiness
- Grades K-12 after-school/vacation/summer academic and social enrichment to improve academic outcomes
- our Center for Financial Success, including workforce training, financial literacy, free income tax preparation (IRS VITA program), and basic needs assistance that promotes family-based financial stability; and community safety programs.
- Parents as Teachers a home-visiting program, which promotes positive child development and schoolreadiness for families with small children ages 0-5.