Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Megaphone Project amplifies the voices of under-served communities and those who advocate for them in order to increase political access, inspire action, and create social change. We accomplish this through message development, media production, and targeted media distribution.
Our messages and media productions have contributed to reform in the criminal justice system, public housing, predatory lending, real estate development, public transit, and day labor.
Megaphone Project is a non-profit that has an extremely active board and a volunteer director.
Our productions help our partners generate support for issues, change legislation, increase funding, and reform systems. As media strategists and producers, we know how to create media that gets results. We do this by collaborating with our partners from conceptualization to distribution.
During pre-production we:
* Finalize creative strategy (in collaboration with crew, i.e., director and/or editor)
* Identify people who will be interviewed or otherwise involved in the production.
* Coordinate logistics (i.e. schedule interviews; identify locations, recruit spokespersons, etc.)
* Draft script (with both audio and visuals, if possible) (allow two weeks for first draft)
* Draft any text slides required
* Confirm production schedule with crew, interviewees, locations, etc.
Post production involves:
* Edit video and submit rough cut for approval (allow two weeks for rough edit)
* Client to provide any text for credit (funders, "for more info, contact info, etc)
* Create any graphics needed for video (opening title, text slides, motion graphics, etc)
* Create graphics for DVD label and packaging
* Compose or select music for sound track
* Submit second cut video to client for approval (1-2 weeks for graphics, music, and more edits)
* Make final edits
* Create artwork for DVD imprint and case
* Produce master copy of DVD and deliver to client upon receipt of final payment
* Format DVD in electronic versions to upload on youtube, Vimeo, and other appropriate sites
* Deliver number of duplicate DVDs requested to (billed separately) (Allow 5 days for production)
The post production process includes:
* Confirm final details for premiere and celebrate!
* Implement distribution plan.
* Monitor results for post-distribution evaluation.
- Gwen Richards
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!