Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission statement of the West Nyack Free Library, represented by its Trustees and Staff, is to provide in a friendly and attractive atmosphere, a wide range of materials, both print and non-print, which will assist all patrons and encourage them to:
- Educate themselves continually
- Keep pace with progress in all fields
- Become better citizens of home and community
- Be more capable in their daily occupation
- Appreciate and enjoy works of Art and Literature
- Making such use of leisure time as will promote personal and social well-being
- Contribute to the growth of knowledge
- Appreciate the worth of each individual
- Recognize the need of human dignity
- Nurture the capacity for self-improvement
The library promulgates the tenet that a well-informed citizenry is essential in a community, and that library is an essential component in the total community. The library serves as a learning and education center for all residents of the community. Confirmed by the Board of Trustees and incorporated into the Plan of Service 2004 - 2008.
Once an old school house in 1886, then rebuilt in 1959 as a public library, the West Nyack Free Library serves Clarkstown Central School District residents. It values its responsibility to enhance the general welfare and quality of life in the community and region it serves. The library pursues excellence in its mission: to provide equal and uncensored access to resources and services that encourage lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and professional growth.
- Eugenia Schatoff
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!