Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We assist with the revitalization of Historic Hollidaysburg’s Central Business District and promote downtown Hollidaysburg businesses and events.
The Hollidaysburg Community Partnership is a non-profit corporation created in 1991 to address the economic concerns of the Hollidaysburg business district. Partnership members include businesses from Hollidaysburg and surrounding areas, the Borough of Hollidaysburg, Blair County officials, residents and other community organizations.
In 1993 Hollidaysburg became an official "Main Street Community" under Pennsylvania’s Department of Community and Economic Development’s Main Street Program. Today, there are over 2000 Main Street Communities like Hollidaysburg across the country and nearly 80 recognized by the program in Pennsylvania alone.
Under this program, Hollidaysburg receives programming assistance and is given priority consideration when applying for grants with the DCED. Main Street Programs are typically funded by DCED for the first 5 years of their programs, and then must sustain their own operating budget from that point forward. Hollidaysburg has been out of this funding cycle since 1998 and in years since has raised its funds through membership, event revenues, special fundraisers, grants and an annual contribution from the Borough.
According to the Main Street approach, the members of the HCP organize their efforts into 4 areas:
- Design - Enhancing the physical appearance of the business district.
- Promotion - Marketing the unique assets and historical characteristics to the community through special events, advertising and media relations.
- Economic Development - Strengthening the existing economic base of the business district through business retention and recruitment programs.
- Organization - Overseeing the operations of the HCP, recruitment of members and volunteers, and providing educational opportunities.
Why is the revitalization of Hollidaysburg so important?
- Main Street is the most important symbol of a community’s economic health, local quality of life, sense of pride, and preservation of community history.
- A vital Main Street retains and creates jobs, also creating a stronger tax base.
- Main Street is an ideal location for independent businesses which:
- keep profits in town
- support local community projects
- provide stable economic foundation
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!