Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Network assists households in need to reach the dream of homeownership through education and construction of high performance homes, particularly by self-help family teams. The Network conducts demonstration projects and programs to assist its home area of Southwest Montana, while providing technical assistance and educational house plans illustrating methods currently in use.
- Dramatic improvements in housing performance are already affordable for homebuilders.
- Energy efficiency, indoor air quality, health and safety improvements are affordable even for new low-cost housing, but are still rarely practiced.
- The most efficient, affordable housing should be built for (and with) households in need.
- With the right educational tools and support, nearly anyone can build their own home. Self-help home building can develop skills, and enhance self-esteem and provide quality, high performance housing.
- Communities can form around restoring and revitalizing neighborhoods, through participation as a volunteer or homebuyer in self-help housing projects.
- Housing and credit counseling can save families thousands of dollars through qualification for mortgages that have the lower interest rates.