Alpert Jewish Community Center
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
Location3801 E. Willow StreetLong Beach, CA 90815 United States
The Alpert Jewish Community Center provides programs and services that contribute to the sound development of individuals of all ages and offers opportunities to enhance an appreciation of Jewish and Democratic values in Long Beach.
The Long Beach Jewish Community Center was established in August, 1948. Expanding to meet the growth of the Center and its members, a campaign from the Jewish Federation was established in 1956 to build a new center at the present location. Ever expanding growth of the JCC resulted in the need for yet a bigger building. On September 28, 1997 the Center celebrated the first formal groundbreaking ceremony. The new Alpert Jewish Community Center on the Weinberg Jewish Federation Campus opened in December 2000.
- Community - provide a neighborhood gathering place, fostering fellowship among all people, and work cooperatively and in partnership with other organizations in the general and Jewish community.
- Jewish Experience - Promote Spiritual, cultural, and ethical values of Judaism, and provide Jewish learning and living experiences that enhance one's sense of identity.
- Responsiveness - Listen to are sensitive to the needs of our members, volunteers, staff and the community
- Quality - Provide the highest quality programs and services, facilities, and staff that meet the social, recreational, cultural, and educational and wellness needs of our members
- Leadership - Value partnership of strong lay and professional leadership with enables us to plan collectively to achieve our goals.