Child Care Action Council
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Emergency & Safety
Location3729 Griffin Lane SEPO Box 446OLYMPIA, WA 98501 United States
To promote and nurture early learning communities where families and children thrive.
The Child Care Action Council was founded in 1987 by a group of parents, child care professionals, employers, school & government representatives and other community members concerned about the inadequacies of our community's child care system.
CCAC currently serves parents & providers in Thurston, Grays Harbor, Mason, Kitsap, Jefferson and Clallam counties.
Our mission is to promote and nurture early learning communities where families and children thrive.
To accomplish these goals, CCAC:
- Responds each year to thousands of families needing childcare.
- Educates parents in evaluating the quality of their child's care.
- Offers a variety of training opportunities for child care professionals.
- Helps to create new child care programs to fill unmet needs.
- Cooperates and encourages businesses to address their employees' child care needs.
- Advocates for children and families on a state, local and federal level.