Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of SEED is to promote the healthy economic and environmental restoration of NPU-Y through programs that positively impact the people.
Sustainable Lakewood is a program of SEED (Southtowne Economic and Environmental Development) - a community based non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives and environment of Lakewood Heights and its
neighboring communities. Our goal is to restore Lakewood Heights to a beautiful, holistic, proud community of healthy, productive, ecologically responsible citizens. Located just south of downtown Atlanta, GA, Lakewood Heights is a historic intown
neighborhood filled with mixed incomes, races and cultures, and views of about civic responsibility and accountability. Over the years, Lakewood Heights has become a blighted neighborhood and the target of a great deal of mortgage
fraud. Our neighborhood has been robbed of its charm and elegance, and we intend to restore Lakewood Heights to a valuable and ecologically responsible trend-setting community. We intend to foster a community which makes recycling and sustainability easy and accessible. We are poised to be a great community due to our accessibility to all major high-ways, proximity to down-town Atlanta, mass transportation, the airport, and our location on the Belt-Line, and our designation as one Sustainable Atlanta’s beta EcoDistricts.
Benefits to You
· You will be exposed to a variety of technical and business functions with
ever-increasing levels of complexity.
· You will receive a well-rounded, rewarding, and challenging real-world
experience while participating in a diverse and interesting sustainable
community development project.
· You will share in a positive work environment where talents are valued.
· You will be able to put your experience, knowledge, and professional
spirit to the test with exciting projects that foster personal and professional
· Enjoy a culture that respects unique and diverse needs.
· Engage in development programs designed to broaden knowledge and
· Contribute to a organization dedicated to sustainable development practices
and positive life/community balance.
· Invest in meaningful endeavors, both assigned and voluntary, that are part of
building a better world.
· 12 week summer internship
· This is an unpaid position.
· 10 hour work-week with flexible hours (must done off-site)
· 3 semester hours credit towards your Master’s Program degree requirements
- Tina Arnold
- Need admin access?