Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Free Arts Minnesota works with youth in challenging circumstances to support artistic and personal development through a unique combination of mentorship and arts learning. We strengthen communities by partnering with over 20 social service agencies, community organizations, and local artists in the Twin Cities area; by engaging underserved youth with the arts and allowing creativity to drive learning; and by building positive relationships with these youth.
FREE ARTS MENTORS PROVIDE:
- Artistic opportunities for therapeutic self-expression
- Positive affirmations and a safe community for art making
- Are a positive role model
- A commitment of an hour and a half per week for a full school-year
OUR MENTORS AIM TO HELP YOUTH:
- Create healthy relationships with adults
- Increase their self-esteem
- Learn new ways to communicate through artistic expression
- Mentors lead projects for children that incorporate painting, writing, dance, drama, music, photography, and other art media.
ONE HOUR PER WEEK CREATES A LASTING IMPRESSION
We train volunteers to be Mentors in teams of 4-6 who meet with groups of youth at one of our 23 partner agencies across the metro and surrounding suburbs. Mentors facilitate a weekly, one hour session of creative arts activities to these youth.
Mentors can select their preferred age group (3-18 years old), time of day, and location for their mentorship experience. Due to instability in the lives of the youth we serve, we strive to provide them with mentors committed to the program for one year. Training, curriculum, art supplies, and on-going support of the mentor experience is provided by Free Arts Minnesota Staff.
We are seeking committed, caring individuals with a strong interest in healing young lives through artistic expression. Interested individuals must be at least 18 years old to apply to become a mentor.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!