Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Through community engagement and mobilization, NWI advances the development of healthy, vibrant communities by building capacity to identify needs and formulate strategies to create change.
- Outreach - Our Outreach team provides a range of services, information, and referrals to individuals with a wide range of needs, including access to health care, produce, transportation, and housing.
- Emergency food distribution, held every first and third Thursday 12-2pm
- Community gardens
- Workshops and educational programs
- Free tax preparation
- Mobile Farmer's Market
- Food Systems Project - offers a school garden based nutrition education program that partners with Lansing area schools to provide quality, effective nutrition education programming for elementary aged students
- ARRO - Advocacy, Reentry, Resources, and Outreach (A.R.R.O.) aims to connect individuals who have a criminal record to quality resources in order to ensure successful community integration