Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Project Vision Hawai`i exists to help Hawai`i envision and achieve better health. Project Vision Hawai'i provides mobile screenings and advocates for the early detection of health complications.
- Since 2009 served nearly 1000 Hawaii Island residents with up to 15 screening events around the island during one month of the year
- Starting in 2014 we have 38’ Winnebago year round on Hawai'i Island allowing us extend its reach and expand services in Hawai'i County.
- Near vision screening and distribution of reading glasses
- Far vision screenings
- School readiness screenings with Lions and distribution of keiki sunglasses.
- Using state-of-the-art equipment to create digital images of the retina within a matter of minutes, without the use of dilating drops, we are able to detect diabetes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, and high blood pressure changes, before vision loss is noticeable.
- By providing free eye screenings, we prevent blindness and we are able to improve individuals’ access to all healthcare.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!