Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Project Vision Hawai`i exists to help Hawai`i envision and achieve better health. Project Vision Hawai'i provides mobile screenings and advocates for the early detection of health complications.
- Since 2009 served nearly 1000 Hawaii Island residents with up to 15 screening events around the island during one month of the year
- Starting in 2014 we have 38’ Winnebago year round on Hawai'i Island allowing us extend its reach and expand services in Hawai'i County.
- Near vision screening and distribution of reading glasses
- Far vision screenings
- School readiness screenings with Lions and distribution of keiki sunglasses.
- Using state-of-the-art equipment to create digital images of the retina within a matter of minutes, without the use of dilating drops, we are able to detect diabetes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, and high blood pressure changes, before vision loss is noticeable.
- By providing free eye screenings, we prevent blindness and we are able to improve individuals’ access to all healthcare.
- Katie Amato
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!