Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To promote human development through provision of health services using an integrated approach.
St. Joseph Health Centre (JHC) is a registered Community Based Organization located off Jinja town. It is in Jinja district and it is located 12 Km along Kamuli Road. It aimed at promoting the Millennium Development Goal (MDGs) through improved health. Due to poor health, it is unlikely that other human development aspects of the MDGs such as universal primary education, ensuring environmental sustainability, promotion of global partnership for development, eradication of extreme poverty and hunger, promotion of gender equality and women empowerment can be realized. On the other hand, it is also close to impossible that such goals can be implemented using a top-bottom approach. On this note, there is a need to start the struggles from the grassroots levels i.e. Bottom-Top approach through Community Based Organizations. St. Joseph Health Centre (JHC) was initiated in the year 2010 as a step towards broader achievement of MDGs through the activities listed below:
- Provision of clinical health care services;
- Provision of reproductive health services i.e. antenatal services and post-natal services
- Provision of primary health care services i.e. immunization, health education on preventive measures through sanitation, prevention of HIV/AIDs, Malaria;
- Research, documentation and dissemination of health care information; and
- Building capacity through internships, volunteer services and short courses.
Despite the overwhelming community need for medical services, only 1-3 of the above activities are implemented on a small scale due to limited capacity.
- Tabitha Naisiko
- Need admin access?