Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Family ACCESS (formerly The Newton Community Service Center) strengthens families and the community in Newton, Waltham and surrounding areas by providing programs that support healthy child development, enable parents to balance work and family life, promote effective parenting and encourage volunteerism. The agency actively engages a racially, economically and culturally diverse population.
Since 1907, Family ACCESS has served the diverse needs of children and families from Newton, Waltham, and surrounding communities with educational programs and a network of support services.
Our four distinct, well-integrated program areas include:
- Early educational and child care
- Family counseling, education and support
- Child abuse prevention
- Volunteer service opportunities for adults 55+
Family ACCESS programs, led by passionate prfessionals produce these outcomes;
- Stronger family attachments
- Increased early literacy and improved language skills
- Improved parenting skills for new and young parents