Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to overcome the effects of postpartum mood disorders (PPMD's) through early identification and treatment and to ensure a healthy environment in which both mother and baby can thrive together. PSI of WA has three goals:
- We provide warm, understanding, effective and private support and professional referrals for new mothers and their family members on our toll-free, volunteer operated, "Warm Line."
- Our brochures are distributed widely throughout the Puget Sound region and can be seen in the offices of OB's, pediatricians, family practitioners, etc. They are also used by many childbirth educators, public health centers, and are sent home from many local hospital maternity wards.
- Our newsletter is sent out twice per year and contains information on postpartum mood disorders and other related information.
- We provides speakers, upon request, to help educate the public and the medical community. We have also had representatives speak on a national level at annual conferences.
- We offer support groups facilitated by women who have personally experienced a postpartum mood disorder. The attendees are given the opportunity to discuss their experience with PPMD, and are given a safe place to talk about their thoughts, emotions, and feelings. The support groups also offer educational information that is available at no cost. We are affiliated with other PPMD support groups in Western Washington. We plan to offer a lending library in the future with books and other materials regarding PPMD and related issues.
- We follow legislation that will affect the PPMD community and our members.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!