Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The specific purposes for which this coorporation is organized are to construct a Tall Ship as an educational resource for youth and the greater community. The construction process will serve as a training opportunity and help presere traditionsl techniques as well as modern, sustainable, constrction. Through the ships non-profit operation as a sailing vessel the ship will connect youth and the community to their natural environment, gain knowledge, foster respect and stewardship for the San Francisco Bay's ecosystems. The hands on process of sailing a tall ship inspires team building and leadership.
Reports to Executive Director
Join our team and help build a Tall Ship in Sausalito. Educational Tall Ship is constructing a 130’ brigantine that will provide a life-changing experience on the water to thousands of Bay Area youth for decades to come.
Promotion and marketing: Event planning, site visits, social media
* Plan events at the site, organize volunteers to staff, and create marketing materials to support these efforts
- Schedule speaking events at local venues to showcase our project
- Schedule school group and youth group visits to the construction site and serve as docent
- Greet visitors and conduct tours of the shipyard
- Create social media posts (Facebook and LinkedIn) to showcase current projects and progress in the shipyard, and manage website content
General office organization: Bookkeeping, purchasing and database management
- Light bookkeeping, invoice organization and interface with Accounting,
- Assist Executive Director and shipyard personnel in sourcing materials and services to support ship building needs
- Organize and recognize donations, maintain database (SFDC) of donors, create regular newsletters and distribute via email
Part-time position- up to 20 hours per week, days flexible.